Recording again after an extended hiatus, Norelco Mori is back with another hour of underground and experimental music released on cassette. Now operating out of scenic Saint Louis, Missouri.
Join me tonight, as we’ll be listening to recordings from Lacanthrope and Soot, Nokuit, Theurgist and Sequences. As well as new stuff from Fischerle and Nathan Moody.
Here’s what’s in the stack:
Fischerle - Ptylotics (Spring Break Tapes)
Nathan Moody - The Right Side Of Mystery (Noise Jockey)
Various Artists - Quadrature (Under My Bed Recordings)
Sequences - Shelter (Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere)
Nokuit - Reality Disappears After Waking // Disrupted Sleep (NKT)
Lacanthrope / SOOT - Black Utopia (Black Horizons)
Theurgist - Worthless (Neologist Productions)
Special NTS Live broadcast from January 15, 2018, featuring new and unreleased tracks from Bana Haffar, King Vision Ultra and PINKCOURTESYPHONE among others. Straying from the norm with a mix of all digital tracks, available on cassette and vinyl.
King Vision Ultra - Pain Of Mind (Ascetic House)
Soft Armour (Unreleased)
Erik Levander - Couesnon (Katukto Collective)
MYMK - The Memory Fog (SOVN Records)
Bana Haffar - Exo (Make Noise Records)
Conjecture - My Body, Your Temple (Raumklang)
Grozney Penthouse - Compilation 001 (Norelco Mori Limited)
PINKCOURTESYPHONE - Something You Are Or Something You Do (The Tapeworm Presents...)
Slit In Slot - Birthmark (Mahorka / AMEK Collective)
Mads Kjeldgaard - Music For Power Supplies (CO-DEPENDENT)
Episode 066 and our first for 2018. Submissions have been stacking up but we're back with new episodes for the new year. Tonight, new stuff from Hainbach, and Hegira Moya, plus recent efforts from Amulets and German Army.
Here's what we've got on deck for tonight:
Sebastiano Carghini - RRS (Second Sleep)
Sean Derrick Cooper Marquardt - More Black Than God (Gravity's Rainbow Tapes)
Hep!Collective - Kitchen (Hylé Tapes)
Hegira Moya - Quiet Residential Area (Muzan Editions)
BRB>Voicecoil - Cloth White Skin (Muza Muza)
Hainbach - Bruderkrieg
Episode 065 of Norelco Mori features tracks from Varg, Pleasure Island, Law of the Night; plus new releases from Amek Collective, Spring Break Tapes and J Butler.
Here's the stack:
- Law Of The Night - Interaction (Call 720-663-8575)
- Late - Blood (Amek Collective)
- Pleasure Islance / Chaperone - Point Breeze (Lime Lodge)
- M/M Sólo En El Mundo (Spring Break Tapes)
- J Butler - Real and Surreal
- Sonatine (Sinneslöschen)
- Varg - Nordic Flora Pt. 2, En Ros Röd Som Blod (Posh Isolation)
- Bendu - Light Leak EP
- Adrien Kanter - Infinites Réflexions (Hylé Tapes)
- Semanat - Doube (III Arms)
A few long players in this installment of Norelco Mori. We'll be listening to tapes from the likes of German Army, VRNA, Masayuki Imanish and Tabs Out affiliate, Vales. Here are the details:
Big episode tonight with Soupcans, Liable, Soft Amour and some killer new tracks from Prague label Genot Centre. Here's what's in the stack:
- ØBE - Born For This Journey
- Ecto Mist - Equal (Genot Centre)
- Soft Amour - Standard Operating Procedures (Infinite Waves)
- GJ Coppola - Benghazi Nights (Irrational Tentent)
- Various Artists - Funeral At A Meth Lab (An Offerings Compilation)
- Liable - Dominati Kirch und Mineralischen (Nostilevo)
- Luna & Tarnovski (Genot Centre)
In tonight's episode of Norelco Mori we are listening to a series of tapes released by California label, Kotaktu Collective, formerly known as Land Animal Tapes.
Join me for Heteroticisms Volumes 1-4.
- Tüth / Heinali - Heteroticisms Volume 1 (Land Animal Tapes / Kotaktu Collective)
- Scattered Purgatory / Eolomea - Heteroticisms Volume 2 (Land Animal Tapes / Kotaktu Collective)
- Anders Brørby / Oomny Mozg - Heteroticisms Volume 3 (Land Animal Tapes / Kotaktu Collective)
- Aidan Baker & Lärmschutz - Heteroticisms Volume 4 (Land Animal Tapes / Kotaktu Collective)
Tonight we take a look at Tandam Tapes, a label run by Morgan McKellar out of Jakarta, Indonesia. In each release, Tandem Tapes pairs two artists to split a tape. Editions are strictly limited to 25 copies. In this episode, we’ll be listening to a selection tracks from Ritual 77, German Army, Teasips and Achromaticist to name a few.
- Henokh Setiawan / Prison (Tandem Tapes)
- FAD / Mahesa Almeida (Tandem Tapes)
- Ritual 77 / Gareth Flowers (Tandem Tapes)
- Achromaticist / Boundary Layer (Tandem Tapes)
- Reuben Ingall / Logic Lost (Tandem Tapes)
- To Die / Brad Borejko (Tandem Tapes)
- Teasips / naps (Tandem Tapes)
- German Army / Bary Center (Tandem Tapes)
- sound_00 / Big Geoffrey (Tandem Tapes)
- Makunouchi Bento / Somnorosae Parasele (Tandem Tapes)
- Juremeya / Jwpaton (Tandem Tapes)
Episode 060: Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere.
Tonight, we explore the catalog of Belgian label Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere. Curated by visual and recording artist Neils Geybels, who you might also know as Sequences and False Moniker, the label has seen 37 releases since its first in April of 2015. In this hour, we'll hear new and recent tracks from T Soltau, Anji Cheung, Head Dress, Alethe and Alocasia Garden to name a few.
Here's the list:
- Fusiller - Dissolution (Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere.)
- Anji Cheung - Hypatia (Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere.)
- Woodbender - The Fountain A Conduit (Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere.)
- R. Schwarz - Wind 1-3 (Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere.)
- Alocasia Garden - Divorce (Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere.)
- Head Dress - Bodies Of Water (Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere.)
- Alethe - Lichtung (Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere.)
- Sonantine / T Soltau - Continuity Field / Breathing Through Glass (Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere.)
- Sofia Ozdravnova - Housewife At The End Of The World (Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere.)
- Invisible Church - Moths (Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere.)
- False Moniker - Keep This Secret (Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere.)
- Sequences - A Darkness Visible (Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere.)
Big episode tonight. We'll be listening to tracks from False Moniker, Benjamin Flessir and Alexandra Atnif. We also find out who our Unlucky Listeners are...
Here's what we have in store for this evening:
- XUNHOLM - New Burning Horizons (Skrot Up)
- Cooper Bowman - Isle of Isms (Portals Editions)
- False Moniker - In Parenthesis (Monorail Trespassing)
- Human Trails - Live At Mayhem Noise Fest 2015
- Benjamin Lessir - Funktionen (Cloudchamber Recordings)
- Qype Dikir (Kiks/Girlfriend)
- Ohm Saw - Primitive (III Arms)
- Alexandra Atnif - Session 2
Episode 058 features new music from Los Angeles-based Australian Tom Hall, Denmark's Yen Towers and Berlin artist Circular Ruins. Plus, artists in Japan, Guatemala, Puerto Rico, Spain and Lithuania. Lots of good stuff in this episode. I'll even tell you how to win a KORG Monologue.
Here's what we've got on deck:
- Vilkduja - Insomnia EP
- Circular Ruins - The Thorned Maze (Portals Editions)
- Standard Grey - A Series Of Decisions (Metaphysical Circuits)
- Consolat (Madriguera)
- Tom Hall - True Image
- Inocybe Geophylla (III Arms)
- Luiso Ponce - Últomo (Nightgaunt Recordings)
- Various Artists - Underwater Gestures (Infinite Waves)
- Patricia Kokett - Artefakt (Santykis)
- Yen Towers - One Look From The Boss (Posh Isolation)
This is Part 3 of a 3 part feature on Berlin label Total Black.
We'll be listening to mostly new stuff tonight, With one exception, these selections are all pulled from the most recent batch, released in December of 2016. Here's what we've got in the stack:
We're back with Part 2 of our Total Black feature. Focusing on some longer pieces in this one. We hear from Blush Response, Scorpio & Glass and Joel Danielsson in this one.
Here's whats in the stack:
We're spending time tonight with Total Black, a label currently based out of Berlin, Germany. The catalog is curated by Brett Wagg, who is involved in a number of acts found on the label, such as two-piece Nervenklinik and his own project which bears the name Entertainment. We'll hear from Entertainment in this episode, as well tracks from as the stalwart D.A.R.F.D.H.S, The Rita and Croatian Amor.
Here's the list:
- V. Sinclair - Balance
Född Död - он не может любить тебя больше
Venerence - The God Of Man Is Himself
Entertainment - Club Ibiza
Various Artists - Grey Mornings Of Tolerance
Various Artists - Tag Und Nacht
Various Artists - Denial
D.A.R.F.D.H.S. - Persuasion
Nepoštovanje I Glupo - Unutarnji Rat
Various Artists - New Brutalism III
Back after an extended absence with a guitar-laden hour of music. Tonight, we'll be listening to tracks from Kourova, Carabisk, Final Cop and Pierre-Luc Simon.
Here's the full stack:
- Kourova - Nidus (Cloister Recordings US)
- Phern - Cool Coma (Fixture Recordings)
- The Taxidermists - Honesty Box (Telegraph Harp)
- Pierre-Luc Simon - Fixations (Small Scale Music)
- Behavior / Maxwell Genders (Squid Records)
- Final Cop - A Tradition Of Efficient, Courteous Service (J&C Tapes)
- HEX Horizontal - Influx 1: Plastique (Geweih Ritual Documents)
- Carabisk (Insula Music)
- Jetman Jet Team - Music For Metabolists (Saint Marie)
- Darto - Frontier OST (Ascetic House)
Episode 055 of Norelco Mori features new and recent recordings from Amalthea, Max Kuiper & Thorsten Solteau, Sonorous and Acre.
Here's what's in store for this evening:
- Noir Noir - Life And Death Demo (III Arms)
- Amalthea - Amalthea II (Cloister Recordings US)
- Max Kuiper & Thorsten Solteau - Animi Sub Volpe Latentes (Chondritic Sound)
- Acre - Beyond Cease To Exist (Monorail Trespassing)
- Sonorous - On Being Deliverance (Hollow Eyes)
- Leaaves - Novella (Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere.)
- Berber Ox - Communication With The Interior (Cave Recordings)
- Liminal / Aires (Genot Centre)
- Xakatagawa - Vol. 2 (Nostilevo)
Episode 054 of America's Least Reviewed Podcast features new and recent recordings from Acid Fountain, HEP!Collective, Rodent and Tim Gray. We kick things off with some beautiful, beatless ambient and freeform modular synth experiments before making our way to more rhythmic territory in the second half of the show.
Here's what's on deck for tonight:
Got a great show for you tonight. We'll be listening to new stuff from Total Black, Hospital Productions, Ascetic House and Spring Break Tapes.
Here's what's in the stack:
- Gaetano Capella - Maiella (Spring Break Tapes)
- Deffektegg - Nadir (Mahorka / Amek)
- Dreyt Nien - Les Riviéres De La Nuit (ERR REC)
- Lower Tar - Lower Tar
- Sons Of Magdalene - Ecumenicals (Ascetic House)
- Coarses - 0x002 (End Result Productions)
- Tourist Gaze - Lounge Lover (Total Black)
- Violet Poison - Voices From The Hell (Hospital Productions)
- Sleep Clinic - Night City (Atrium)
Back again with the second installment of Episode 052. Curated and mixed by guest Karl Fousek, this hour long mix features the work of Canadian experimental artists such as Kara-Lis Coverdale, Sarah Davachi, Jean-Sébastien Truchy and Roger Tellier-Craig. Tracklist after the jump.
Here's what's in the stack:
- Sarah Davachi - August Harp (Cassauna)
- Kara-Lis Coverdale - Aftertouches (Sacred Phrases)
- No U.F.O.’s - MPC Tracks Vol. II (Nice Up)
- Jean- Sébastien Truchy / Charles Barabé - Souvenirs rompus, oubliés ou ma vie réinventée, partie 2 / Les confessions III (La Cohu)
- Philippe Vandal / Wanda Group / Umfang / Cold Clouds - Four Way Split #2 (Phinery)
- Roger Tellier-Craig - Visites Possibles and Sightings: Music for the videos of Sabrina Ratté (Where To Now?)
- Pulsewidth - Ocean of Surveillance (Magnetic Domain)
Episode 052 of Norelco Mori features the work of Montreal-based sound artist, Karl Fousek. This week, we listen to a selection of Karl's recent releases and chat about gear, technique and the recording process.
Here's what's in the stack:
- Karl Fousek - Pattern Variation (Dionysian Tapes)
- Various Artists - Somehow Commissioned #2 (Phinery)
- Fousek / Hansen / Tellier-Craig - No Sound Without A Misunderstanding (Spring Break Tapes)
- Karl Fousek - Codicil (Adhesive Sounds)
- Danny Clay & Karl Fousek - Klang (Phinery)
- Karl Fousek - Relative Position Of Figures (Phinery)
- Sculpture / Karl Fousek / D Hansen / GLIA - Four Way Split #1 (Phinery)
- Karl Fousek - One Another (Limited Interest)
In Episode 051 of Norelco Mori we take a look at the first 6 releases from Andrew Weathers and company's Full Spectrum Records sublabel, Editions Littlefield.
- Andrew Weathers - Littlefield (Editions Littlefield)
- Blaine Todd - Dillingham (Editions Littlefield)
- Dibson T Hoffweiler - Oakland To Sebastopol (Editions Littlefield)
- Rin Larping - Stratum (Editions Littlefield)
- Andrew Weathers - Mojave Between Ludlow And Needles (Editions Littlefield)
- Seth Chrisman & Nathan McLaughlin - Olivebridge (Editions Littlefield)